Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Go Cowboys!!!

I have wanted a game day dress since they 1st became popular but I have never wanted to pay the price of what they cost when it seemed so easy for me to make myself. I have put it off for a couple of seasons and then this year a fire was lite underneath me and I started making my own. My wonderfully sweet boyfriend bought me Cowboy pre-season tickets for my birthday and so the deadline was set.

I went to Goodwill and tried to find a Cowboys shirt, but had no luck so I ended up buying one at Wal-Mart on the clearance rack. It was a sleeveless shirt which was fine because I was going to end up cutting the sleeves off anyways. Then I went over Hobby Lobby (one of my favorite stores) and bought football material, I bought 2 yards. I also bought elastic and thread...

When I arrived back home, I went to work! I am one of those people that when I have a project, I get it done ASAP because I am so anxious to see the outcome. I found a really helpful site off Pinterest (http://littlemisssoutherncharm.blogspot.com/2011/07/game-day-t-shirt-dress-tutorial.html) and then followed each step until my dress was completed!!

Game day came and I wore my dress with Cowboy pride... Win Lose or Tie I am a Cowboys fan til I die!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment