Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nautical Door Hanger

Down in the south, we have a thing we like to do where we make a cute wreath and hang it on the doors at the hospital after the baby is born. This lets other guest of the hospital know if you had a boy or a girl or heck one of each. Its a fun tradition and I love taking part in it. I have made one before (I will have to dig up the pictures) and enjoyed it so much that I decided I wanted to make another.

My boyfriends best friend/cousin (and his wife) are having a baby boy, due in December. They have decided to go with the nautical theme for the babies room (which is super adorable). So, I used their theme for the wreath... I went to Hobby Lobby (my favorite place on earth) and went to town picking out different ribbons. It was kind of hard at 1st because what I pictured in my head wasn't on the shelves! I had to really just start using my imagination... which I am glad I did because I am in love with the after product.

Oh and tip, make sure you go to Hobby Lobby when the ribbon is 50% off...


The "E" stands for their baby boys name, Easton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment